vario cool e & r
keeps the lactic acid forming bacteria fit and active
At a glance
- keeps the lactic acid forming bacteria fit and active
- includes extensive equipment
- suitable for application rates between 30 ml/t and up to 210 ml/t
vario cool includes:
- electric control unit (incl. connection for power supply)
- pick-up sensor (incl. equipment)
- 12-Volt immersion pump (incl. 5 metre hose)
- insulated tank (incl. tension belts and mixing ball)
- bag filter
- flow meter (incl. hose clamps)
- nozzles: metal and plastic (blue or orange)
- cool box (including thermal packs and wire whisk)
vario cool e
- single nozzle carrier (incl. bayonet nut and check valve)
vario cool r
- nozzle bar (incl. nozzles) for balers / forage wagons
Biological silage additives can only work if the bacteria reach the forage in a fit and active state!
- Keep mixing and application as close together as possible.
- Cold water reduces the bacteria‘s activity and ensures that the sugar contained in the carrier will last longer.
- Tanks integrated into the harvester may heat up due to the heat of the motor, thus reducing the product‘s effectiveness.
- vario cool is a new application concept which ensures the lactic acid bacteria‘s viability.
- Storing the pouches / bottles in a cool box protects the lactic acid bacteria from heat, as does the insulated tank with thermal packs.
- A small mixing ball swirling inside the tank ensures that no solution settles on the bottom.
- A sturdy wire whisk and an application schedule complete the set.
vario cool components
12-Volt immersion pump
The 12-Volt immersion pump is to be connected to the control unit. The pump has a forced ventilation and cannot run dry (10 - 15 min).
As mechanical force may break the hose-vent connection, it should be handled with care. Make sure that the pump reaches the bottom of the tank. Do not apply tensile strain to the power cable connected to the pump as otherwise, the sealing gasket between pump and motor may be pulled out thus enabling water to penetrate the motor. On installation, mind the correct polarity of the cables, as otherwise, the pump will not draw in the silage additive. (5 metre hose included in the scope of delivery)
The pipe filter ensures blockage-free operation of flow meter and nozzles and should regularly be opened for cleaning (rinse with cold water).
Flow meter (comes in two sizes)
The flow meter comes with a display range of 3 - 24 l/h or 10 - 100 l/h. If possible, use the supplied hose clips to fix flow meter in uninterrupted sight of driver. In any case, the flow meter needs to be installed vertically (upright). We recommend calibrating the applicator once more after the installation in order to be able to adjust the application if necessary.
Electric control unit
For a very exact application, install the electric control unit between pump and power supply. The control unit switches the pump on and off and continuously adjusts the flow rate. It should be installed in the driver‘s cab (use the magnet on the back of the unit to attach it).
Voltages above 12 V may damage the unit!
Pick-up sensor (opener)
The pick-up sensor ensures that the application is interrupted as soon as the pick-up is lifted (if the harvester turns or drives on a road). Includes 3 metre hose, 3 magnets, screws, flat plugs and flat bar (300 mm) for installation.
Nozzle carrier (vario cool e)
The bayonet nut on the nozzle carrier allows rapid changing from the nozzles. An integrated non-return valve keeps the applicator from dripping. When operating the pump for the first time, open the non-return valve for airing. To ensure a perfect spray pattern at all times, change the nozzles.
- metal (for application rates between 4 and 8 l/h)
- blue or orange plastic (for application rates between 8 and 17 l/h)
Nozzle bar (vario cool r)
The nozzle bar may optionally be equipped with up to 4 nozzles. The delivery scope includes 2 blind caps which enable you to close the valve connection in order to obtain an optimum spray pattern. An integrated non-return valve keeps the applicator from dripping. When operating the pump for the first time, open the non-return valve for airing until some of the solution is dripping from the valve and no more bubbles remain in the hose.
vario cool set
The insulated tank protects the lactic acid bacteria from heat. It holds 19 litres, its lid is secured with elastic loops. It is individually installed on the harvester.
Throw the mixing ball into the tank. The constant movement of the harvester will swirl the ball in the solution, thus ensuring continuous mixing.
vario cool box incl. 2 thermal packs
Our vario cool box includes two thermal packs to ensure that the silage additive pouches / bottles can be transported well-cooled, thus prolonging the lactic acid bacteria’s viability. You might want to throw one of the thermal packs into the tank after mixing the silage additive solution.
A wire whisk and an application schedule
complete the set.
Assembling vario cool
vario cool e (incl. nozzle carrier) or
vario cool r (with nozzle bar for forage wagon / balers)